As our Nautical Superintendent, you report directly to our Technical Director and you are responsible for the daily nautical supervision of and inspection on board our own oil and chemical tankers.
You and your two colleagues ensure that Uni-Tankers A/S complies with the latest industry standards and requirements. You will be based at our office in Middelfart and have the entire world as your workplace.
You supervise, support and assist our vessels in matters of navigation and cargo operation, rest hours, digitalization, and you carry out internal navigational, ISM, ISPS and MLC audits and arrange technical services.
- Plan, execute and follow up on navigational audits
- Carry out internal ISM, ISPS and MLC audits on all vessels in collaboration with HSQE department
- Implement and monitor a high safety culture in the company and on board the vessels by means of risk assessment and preventive measures
- Supervise and monitor rest hour regulations and compliance with same
- Assist vessels with preparations for US port calls
- Ensure that the vessels are equipped with needed navigational software, required publications and manuals
- Monitor bridge and deck equipment status and ensure that it is upgraded and working
- Keep yourself updated with maritime and industry requirements and implement Company procedures to a high standard
- Collaborate with other company departments, e.g. Technical Superintendents and Marine Standard, in accident/incident investigations
- Participate in vetting preparations and assist Masters during external on-board inspections.
We are looking for a Master Mariner with minimum Chief Officer experience and with at least 2 years of experience from a shore-based role within the industry.
You possess basic operator skills with bridge and nautical equipment combined with relevant training courses. You speak and write English fluently and you have a good knowledge of Scandinavian languages (one or more).
You have a talent for seeking and collecting knowledge and input, being curious. You are passionate about planning, coordinating and you follow through on your tasks. You are adaptive and flexible in your mindset and in your way of working.
You have strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience with cross-cultural collaboration globally.
You are prepared to travel 50-60 days annually.
Uni-Tankers offers an exciting and attractive position in an ambitious international environment where all employees strive for the common goal. The culture is characterized by an informal and open-minded atmosphere, a high level of dedication and trustworthiness.
The successful candidate is offered an attractive remuneration package including pension, health insurance etc.
Apply for the job
Please apply for the job by sending your CV and application here.
For further information, please contact CSO & Nautical Superintendent Martin Benjamin Skaaning Hansen at +45 2858 2046.
We look forward to hearing from you.
UNI-TANKERS A/Sis a Danish shipping company founded in 1995. The company is based in the old maritime city of Middelfart and operates a mix of approx. 40 own and chartered oil and chemical tankers in the small and intermediate segment. With its fleet, Uni-Tankers provides premium transportation and shipping services and solutions to oil majors and larger chemical producers, shipowners, investors, brokers and partners worldwide.
Uni-Tankers has a total of 75 shore-based employees located at its offices in Denmark, Turkey, France and USA as well as approx. 450 seafarers employed in its owned fleet.
Learn more about Uni-Tankers, its employees and fleet on www.uni-tankers.com