Great place to work
- Damco is a dynamic, fast paced work environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit and â€œcan doâ€ attitude. Here, if you perform, sky is the limit!
Professional development and growth
- We pride ourselves in having energized people, the best in the industry! At Damco, you will be a part of an organization where you are empowered to embrace different challenges to support your career aspirations. We support your development through development programs, mentorship and training.
- Our global network provides you visibility and access to professionals all around the world where you can learn all that we have to offer and explore your skills.
Excellent Compensation Packages
Damco provides you:
- A competitive salary
- A great commission plan
- Company Car plus Fuel Card
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- A 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- And More
Including but not limited to:
Who we are looking for
- Contribute to the global strategic sales strategy and formulate and review sales strategies for the NAM region that drive overall company strategy and growth plans
- Develop, define, and communicate an annual sales plan and budget for the team that is specific to further penetrating the industry verticals outlined in our strategy
- Drive necessary changes/actions to meet new business development expectations and address/adapt to changes in the local or global markets
- Manage new business and existing key client program development campaigns with total global CCM valued at $100m+
- Identify necessary stakeholders within the Damco product management teams to assist in presenting solutions to targeted clients
- Leverage relationships with key decision makers and influential parties of key clients, as to win the business and increase loyalty with Damco
- Lead and coach the NAM-controlled and international strategic sales team to land business
- Set team and individual sales target and ensure delivery
- Deliver own individual sales target
- Proactively and effectively manage the sales pipeline and data mining and review sales performance to ensure sufficient qualified opportunities in sales pipeline
- Provide guidance to Key Account Management team in their pursuits to develop and grow business from their key customers
- Be NAM ambassador amongst other strategic sales forces around the world
- Deploy tools to support better sales process around large global opportunities
- Be highly fluent in consultative selling best practices
- Attract and maintain the highest caliber of talent for strategic sales positions on the team
- Supervise and develop team through learning & development, coaching, goal setting, periodic feedback & reviews
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations; adherence to company procedures and policies
- Supports company commitment to ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 certification
- Performs other position related duties as specified by management
- High school degree required, Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred; advanced degree preferred; specific supply chain, logistics, or related field of study also strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Sales and/or Product management with a detailed knowledge of the Damco product suite and:
- Experience in selling International logistics, supply chain, forwarding and contract logistics solutions
- Supply Chain Management, including a wide breadth of understanding in 4PL / LLP
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Supply Chain trends and market conditions in NAM â€“ and on a global basis â€“ across multiple verticals
- Aware of competitorsâ€™ business strategy towards the industry assigned
- Experience in the specific industry (retail, consumer electronics, industrials/chemicals, and reefer)
- Strong and current knowledge of technology platforms, MS Office products, and ability to quickly adapt to new software
- Project management skills
- Extensive travel experience overseas; previous assignments abroad a plus
- Expected travel of 50-75%
Relocation assistance is not available. Candidates are required to have authorization to work in the United States.
Last application date: 01 March 2018.
For further information, please contact: All candidates must apply online..