JOB2SEA is seeking experienced Technical Manager with background withing the Oil & Gas Industry for our Client based in Nigeria.
Technical Manager for a Ship Management Company / Marine and Offshore Manager
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- Must have at least 20 years relevant experience in marine, offshore, oil and gas industry and be capable of executing the following:
- Marine Vessel Management
- Managing Manpower
- Materials Management including warehousing
- Maintenance (vessels, equipment, facilities, etc.)
- Health, Safety and Environment
- External Relations (communities, government and inter- Company relations, etc.)
- Have a wide technical knowledge of various marine vessels, related equipment and materials categories used in the marine, offshore, oil and gas industry covering all disciplines.
- Manage Marine Bases and Marine Assets.
- Manage and Monitor all Vessel Movements
- Ensure availability of adequate manpower to meet department needs and maintain the fleet. Effectively manage all personnel in the Marine and Offshore Department
- Manage all Pre Mobilization Inspections and activities involving vessels, including OVID, SUPO, and sea trials.
- Planning. Ensure preventative and periodic maintenance of all marine vessels and related equipment, etc. in the fleet have adequate insurance coverage and are functional, and meeting all class/flag requirements.
- Ensure all relevant maintenance, operational manuals and documentation are available onboard vessels.
- Management of all charterers
- Responsible for Budgeting for the Marine and Offshore Department.
- Responsible for Reporting (Official Weekly and Monthly Reports for the Department + Real Time updates via emails, telephone to the relevant parties)
- Must be proficient and able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other relevant ICT tools.
- Expedite and Monitor all outstanding purchase orders using the OIS Materials Management Database. Create and update Database regularly.
- Track and ensure all vessels comply with relevant Nigerian Ports Authority, Nigerian Maritime Administration And Safety Agency (NIMASA), Local Government, and Host Communities requirements, including but not limited to permits, fees, etc.
- Track, Monitor Class and Flag documentation updates, ensure safe and proper records are kept on board the vessels and also with the Document Control Department.
- Liaise with other departments as needed and ensure proper and unhindered running of the Marine fleet and assets.
- Be able to participate in meetings and Quality Action Teams (QAT) and recommend improvements when necessary.
- Participate in all Vessel Inspections from Clients and IOCs
- Effectively participate in all Pre-mobilization, Mobilization and Demobilization activities for Offshore Construction Projects.
- Adhere strictly to Procedures as relates to External Communications, Financial Regulations, Commercial Negotiations and Approvals. All approvals and authorizations MUST be with the explicit written authorization of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor of Science or its equivalent qualifications in Marine Engineering, Transportation Studies, or any related science disciplines.
- Good general knowledge of marine, offshore, oil and gas field operations.
- Good planning and organizational skills, can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong technical background and skill for details
- Have at least 20 years experience working in the Marine, Offshore / Oil field Industry. Good communication skills at all levels, computer literate.
- People skills, demonstrate ability to work with diverse workforce effectively and coach and mentor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly to marine crew and other personnel in fluent English.
- Should be able to manage marine assets, vessels and marine bases.
- Should be familiar with Vessel maintenance and repairs.
- Should be familiar with Flag and Class. Should know how to ensure that all Vessels are in good standing with Class and Flag states.
- Should be familiar with Vessel Insurance
- Should be very good in writing and submitting periodic reports.
- Should be familiar with Pre Mobilization Inspections and activities involving company vessels, including OVID, SUPO, and sea trials.
- Should be familiar with charter party agreements.
- Should be familiar Microsoft Word, Excel, other ICT tools, etc.
- Should be able to manage Pre-mobilization, Mobilization and Demobilization activities for Offshore Construction Projects.
- Should be able to manage Vessel Movements.
- Should be able to all Vessel Inspections from Clients and IOCs.
Kindly send Cover Letter and CV to April Bennett via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Written Language of Job Advertisement:
Send an email to the job contact
This Job Expired
Published On 24-08-2017