Maersk-Filipinas Inc. represents Maersk Line in the Philippines.
Maersk-Filipinas started as an agency in 1931 and was initially handled by Compania General de Tobacos de Filipinas. It has expanded over the years and on 01 December 1999, four months after the A.P. Moller Group's acquisition of Sealand's international liner trades, Maersk-Filipinas took over Sealand's operations in the Philippines and Maersk Sealand (Phils) was born (now known Maersk Line).
With the new Maersk-Filipinas, you can expect:
- Increased access. Maersk Line (Phils) offers the widest market coverage by an international shipping line in the Philippines with six service points covering all major ports in the Philippines: Manila,Cebu, Davao, General Santos and Cagayan. Our main office is in Manila.
- Greater flexibility in transport options with our 2 sailings per week. Our vessels connect to global Maersk Line network via owned terminal in Kaoshiung, Taiwan and from there connect to Maersk Line global network of more than 250 vessels which has a combined capacity of 600,000 TEUs.
- Reduced production lead-times as a result of Maersk Line's competitive transit times.
- 325+ offices in more than 100 countries worldwide linked thru a global on-line IT network working to provide the latest and fastest response time to your inquiries.
- 10,000 well-trained staff on all our offices ensures you customers get the best cargo transportation solution for all your shipping needs. ?Our customer service, both for export and import, do telephone sales, quotations and bookings.
Our Documentation departments handles all export documentation and responsible for releasing all the bills of lading as soon as vessel departs from our port, giving you, our customers, a high level of comfort.
- Access to 800,000 quality containers to guarantee you get the containers you need when you need them.
- 325 owned-offices worldwide to give you uniform standard of service Maersk has been known for.